[stag_toggle style=”normal” title=”View Rules” state=”closed”]NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: “Bets for Bert Contest” (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers, members, directors and representatives of the Koolen-de Vries Syndrome Foundation and Kool Kid Alliance, and their affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and each of their respective spouses, children and siblings) and household members of each of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s (as such term is defined herein) decisions which, are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning and receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Koolen-de Vries Syndrome Foundation, PO Box 470218, Fort Worth, TX 76147 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing: The Contest begins on October 15, 2018 at 9:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 3, 2018 at 11:59 P.M. ET (“Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter: There is no cost to enter the Contest, which must be entered via the Internet at kdvsfoundation.org. To enter by Internet, you must already have access to the Internet, as it is not required that you obtain Internet access solely to participate in this Contest. The computer used to enter the Contest must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology (now known or hereafter devised or discovered), which may be used by kdvsfoundation.org for the purposes of entry tracking. Access the Koolen-de Vries Syndrome Foundation website at kdvsfoundation.org. Complete the registration form by filling out your full name, complete home address, including zip code, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, email address, any other requested fields and follow the instructions at the Website. False or fictitious information is not allowed and may void the entry. All entries must be made manually. One entry per person, per e-mail address. Entries submitted through the use of scripts, programs or other electro-mechanical processes (other than manual entry) are prohibited. No responsibility is assumed for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention.
During the Promotion Period, the Sponsor will ask for followers to correctly guess the race time of Dr. de Vries in the NY Marathon which will be run on Sunday, November 4, 2018 on its website. In order to earn one (1) entry into the Contest, you must respond to such call to action (hereinafter an “Entry” or “Entries”) by submitting an answer using a standard unit of measurement for race time. Entries must be submitted online at https://kdvsfoundation.org/bets-for-bert/ Entries will be judged based on accuracy.
Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Any attempt by you to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of your Entries and you will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete; generated by software, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated system; do not fully comply with these Official Rules, including, without limitation the submission guidelines (“Submission Guidelines”) detailed below; and/or Entries which subvert the Entry process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, are prohibited and will result in your disqualification voiding of all of your Entries. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a winning Entry, the “authorized account holder” of the email address used to register that was used to enter the Contest at the actual time of Entry will be deemed to be the potential winner. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of delivery or Entry. All Entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Contest is the official timekeeping device. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned, and the Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries.
All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. ET on November 3, 2018 to be eligible.
Any comment that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates these Official Rules or the above Submission Guidelines shall be disqualified and/or will be ineligible to win a Prize.
5. Winner: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected from among all eligible entries received and announced on or about November 6, 2018. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Prize may not be redeemed for cash or resold. On or about one (1) business day after the Promotion Period ends, Koolen-de Vries Syndrome Foundation and Kool Kid Alliance will notify the Winner via email to Winner’s respective Account used to enter the Contest. Upon notification or notification attempt, the prize winner will be required to respond to the email address provided, accepting the prize and providing their physical address (or email address if requested) in which they would like the prize mailed to, within one (1) calendar day of such notification or notification attempt, or the prize may be forfeited (as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor), and an alternate potential prize winner will be selected and notified. Potential Winners are subject to verification by Sponsor. An entrant is not a winner of a prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Winner (and guests) may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within two (2) days of date of issuance. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to make arrangements in the required time period, documents are not returned within specified time period or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the potential winner may forfeit the prize (as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.) Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received.
6. Prize: Winner will receive four (4) complimentary registrations for the 2019 KdVS Patient Advocacy Summit in Park City Utah and a $300 Prepaid Credit Gift Card. The lucky winner and their family will also get to spend time dining with Dr. de Vries and Dr. Koolen while attending the Summit. Total ARV of Prize: $500.00 USD. If the winner is not planning to attend the Patient Advocacy Summit, he or she will win a $400 Prepaid Credit Gift Card. Unless otherwise indicated herein, all expenses and travel costs including, but not limited to, all transportation, meals, incidental, surcharges, service charge or facility charges, personal charges at hotel, taxes or other expense, are the responsibility of Winners. All elements of all prizes are subject to availability and are subject to terms and conditions of their issuer(s). Each Winner must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. Prize elements are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Winner is responsible for reporting and payment of all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize is non-transferable, non-commissionable and may not be combined with any other offer.
7. Release: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest, and (b) to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, members, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or, for Winner, receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and their agents to use his/her name, likeness, photograph (including Account profile picture, if applicable), voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any media (now or hereafter known), worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion, and, in such situation, to select the winner from the remaining eligible non-suspect entries received for that prize prior to and/or after such action, or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; and/or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, the Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) this Contest and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Tarrant County, Texas; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
13. Winner List: Winners list will be displayed online within 96 hours of prize announcement. Winners list can also be obtained by writing and sending a SASE to: Koolen-de Vries Syndrome Foundation Contest Winners List Please, PO Box 470218., Fort Worth, TX. 76147.[/stag_toggle]